CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED DATES OF TRAVEL!
- Discover the amazing bird species of Colombia´s Western & Central Andes.
- Bird the Anchicaya Watershed, an area that inspired the first Bird ID guide for South America.
- Enjoy the feeders at KM 18, where more than 22 species of hummingbirds have been recorded.
- Stay at the brand new Araucana Lodge, specially designed for birders, nature lovers and photo enthusiasts.
- Visit an active Andean Cock-of-the-rock Lek that is only a 20-minute hike.
- Take an exhilarating rail ride in the Pacific Lowlands where you will bird close to sea level in search of lowland species.
- Visit the surreal Paramo Ecosystem where you will bird above 3,500 meters in search of the endemic Buffy Helmetcrest.
Tour Dates: Choose your preferred dates of travel (14 Days)
2 – 3 pax: $5,400 USD
4 – 5 pax: $4,600 USD
6 – 7 pax: $3,900 USD
8 pax: $3,700 USD
Double occupancy. Single Supplement $600 USD.
Limited to 8 Participants
About this Tour: It celebrates the grand opening of Colombia’s newest birding lodge, allowing you to photograph, explore nature and bird in very comfortable accommodations in some of the best birding sites in Colombia, without having to spend much time in a vehicle. The Araucana Lodge is a brand new lodge (opening date is January 2019) designed specifically for birders and nature lovers, with spacious rooms and all the comforts to ensure a good night’s rest.
Photo © Kike Calvo
Day 1: Arrive in Cali
Day 2: Sonso Lagoon and drive to Rio Blanco
Day 3: Rio Blanco Reserve
Day 4: Rio Blanco Reserve to Los Nevados NP
Day 5: Los Nevados NP
Day 6: Los Nevados to Otun Quimbaya NP
Day 7: Otun Quimbaya NP
Day 8: Otun Quimbaya to Araucana Lodge
Day 9: KM 18
Day 10: San Antonio Forest and Andean Cock-of-the-rock lek
Day 11: San Cipriano Reserve
Day 12: Upper Anchicaya Watershed
Day 13: Lower Anchicya Watershed
Day 14: Depart Cali