In a recent article on The Wilson Journal of Ornithology In-Press, authors Laura Mahecha, Nickole Villabona, Laura Sierra, David Ocampo, and Oscar Laverde-R. described the Andean Cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola peruvianus) as a frugivorous bird predator. “Cotingas are considered essentially frugivorous, but a few records suggest they might include small vertebrates in their diet, mainly during the breeding season.” In March 2015, the authors recorded a young … Read More The Andean Cock-of-the-rock are frugivorous bird predators
This is a text widget. The Text Widget allows you to add text or HTML to your sidebar. You can use a text widget to display text, links, images, HTML, or a combination of these. Edit them in the Widget section of the Customizer.
Tag: Rupicola peruvianus
- Have You Ever wondered about the Origins of La Salsa Caleña?
- Cartagena’s Next Hip Restaurant?
- Colombia: So You Want to Explore the Land of a Thousand Rhythms?
- Colombian Marimba Player Esteban Copete
- Protected: 2019: Barranquilla Carnival Cultural Photo Expedition
- The Medicinal Plant Markets of Bogota, Colombia
Amazonia Anthropology BARRANQUILLA BARRANQUILLA CARNIVAL BIODIVERSITY BIRDWATCHING Botany Caribbean CARTAGENA Climate Change COLOMBIA COLOMBIA PHOTO EXPEDITION Conservation Ethnobotany Ethnomusicology FEATURED Globalization KIKE CALVO Markets Medicinal Plant Neotropics News PHOTOGRAPHY Plants Pollen Publications South America Testimonials travel WORKSHOPS